South Atantic Conference Openings
Director of Strategic Communicationss
The Director of Strategic Communications is primarily responsible for providing vision and strategic thought for the Conference communications that is tied to the Conference’s overall mission and strategy and the NCAA’s DII Strategic Platform. The individual reports to the Commissioner and works in a cooperative effort with other members of the Conference office staff to achieve Conference goals.
- Oversees all sports communications and media relations responsibilities for the Conference’s 20 sports, which includes day-to-day and weekly media relations responsibilities.
- Operates as the primary Conference administrator for new media and technology by overseeing the promotion and development of the SAC brand through various forms of new and social media, including, but not limited to, video and photo content, video-streaming, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and blogs/vlogs.
- Develops new strategies for promotion of the Conference and Division II, including, but not limited to championship streaming initiatives, features and highlight videos, student-athlete features, and web-based television episodes.
- Manages the Conference website administration and maintenance.
- Designs and oversees all publications and printed materials produced by the Conference.
- Maintains close association with, and serves as the primary liaison to, the institutional Directors of Athletic Communications/Sports Information and coordinate communications strategies and campaigns through these individuals.
- Oversees the updating of statistical records and historical archives.
- Cultivates relationships with campus, local and regional media in all forms.
- Coordinates all postseason communication activities, including production of the championship programs.
- Assists in the ongoing development of a Conference Marketing and Promotions programs that has the potential to generate revenue.
- Assists with the Conference awards program.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the Faculty Athletics Representatives Committee to develop and recommend policies and procedures to the governance of the Conference as well as assist in the selection of the scholar athlete for each sport and the annual Presidents Award recipients.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the Athletic Trainers Committee to develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of all student-athletes as well as ensure sufficient athletic trainers are assigned to all Conference championship events.
- Attends athletic-related events at campus and tournament sites throughout the academic year to represent the Conference office and cultivate relationships with institutional personnel.
- Communicates regularly and coordinates efforts with other members of the Conference office staff for the successful execution of Conference activities and business.
- Manages special projects and tasks as assigned by the Commissioner, including providing leadership for ad hoc committees or events.
- Performs related duties to meet the need of the Conference as assigned by the Commissioner.
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred).
- Outstanding written, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Two to three years of conference and/or campus athletic media relations experience preferred.
- Computer literacy with relevant programs (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe InDesign) required.
- Production of video content preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in an organized and efficient manner required.
- Flexibility to travel and work nights and weekends required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a list of no more than four (4) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing, social media and video samples are also encouraged.
SAC Member Institution Openings
No current full-time openings